How To Pass A Mouth Swab Drug Test: Everything You Need To Know
It’s becoming more and more essential to know how to pass an oral drug test because they are getting increasingly common under a lot of circumstances, both in the USA, and in other parts of the world (particularly the UK and Australia where roadside oral drug testing is now common).
There are a couple of reasons why oral drug testing has become so popular, and why it will continue to increase in popularity:
- The tests are easy to administer on the spot
- You don’t need any special training to conduct one
- They are incredibly cheap (as cheap as $10)
- Results are available in minutes
- You don’t need access to a lab to analyze the sample
They are becoming increasingly dangerous both on the roadside, and during employment especially. They are occasionally used for pre-employment tests, but they are the most frequent on-the-job spot testing drug tests administered.
So let’s tell you what you need to know to learn how to pass a saliva drug test, and educate you about detection times, when you could face one, and tell you the strategies and products you can use to easily avoid ever failing one.
What Exactly Is An Oral Drug Test?
An oral drug test is the most simple type of drug test that can be conducted. All that happens is a swab is put into your mouth, something very similar to a cotton swab but a little more advanced, that collects a sample of your saliva.
This sample of saliva is usually taken from the parts of the mouth where saliva congregates, the places where the drug metabolites are most likely to be residing. The three areas most likely to be a sample from are:
- Under the tongue
- Along the gum line on the inside edge of your teeth
- Between the inside of the cheek and the gum line
The sample is then placed in a container, or the sample is put into contact with a testing strip in some other way, and within a couple of minutes, a result will appear either digitally, or through some other method.
So it’s a bit like a pregnancy test kit, the ones where you urinate on them and then they give you a result within a few moments. It’s a bit like those, and just as easy to do.
Why Are Saliva Drug Tests A Threat?
The reason you need to know how to pass an oral drug test is that they’re becoming a real threat, especially in parts of the world like the UK and Australia by the police at the roadside, and increasingly so in the USA for pre-employment and on-the-job drug testing.
They are a threat because as you’ve already read, they are incredibly easy to do. Anyone can do them, and within a couple of minutes, you’re going to get caught.
But, there is some great news. As long as you know the strategies to use, and the products to use, then you can pass a drug test orally every single time, even if you have literally smoked a joint an hour before the test.
When Could You Face a Mouth Swab Test?
The most likely kinda mouth swab drug tests are either for law enforcement purposes, or employment purposes.
For law enforcement, it’s most likely to be and on the spot test, because you’ve done something wrong, there is a suspicion, or your car has been stopped by the police.
During the law enforcement processes, they will do an immediate on the spot drug test. If the mouth swab test is positive, you will then be arrested and taken to a police station where further tests will be done. These are sometimes a blood test, but often a urine test. So the mouth swab test is usually only the first step in the legal process because they need to verify the positive result for it to be admissible in court.
The second environment in which you could face a mouth swab drug test is employment. Some companies use cheap mouth swab drug test for pre-employment purposes. Especially if they have those open days, you know the ones where they say turn up and get interviewed for a new store opening, things like that.
They give you the interview, and if they like you, they do a mouth swab test on the spot before sending you home. Then you will either get the job or have to come in for another interview and potentially a urine sample test for more advanced jobs.
The difference if you fail a mouth swab drug test for pre-employment then nothing will happen other than you won’t get the job. There’s no second test or legal process. The same on-the-job, you just lose your job, you will face further tests legal steps.
On-the-job, the mouth swab drug test is the perfect deterrent. Because anyone can administer it, and they can literally walk up to you and asked to take a sample of your saliva right there.
So for several reasons it essential that you learn how to pass an oral drug test, but first, let’s take a look at saliva drug test detection times so that you can see how long after taking drugs you are likely to have metabolites in your saliva to be detected.
Saliva Drug Test Detection Times
So if there’s a chance you could face a saliva drug test, how long after you have taken something could you get caught?
This all comes down to the substance you have taken. Some drugs leave saliva very quickly, whereas others linger for longer. This is the same as with blood and urine as well. The great news is that in saliva, drug metabolites don’t actually hang around for very long:
- Marijuana up to 36 hours (but sometimes slightly longer for chronic smokers)
- Opiates up to 36 hours
- Cocaine up to 24 hours (but often as low as 12 hours)
- PCP up to 48 hours
- Amphetamines up to 24 hours
- Heroin up to 48 hours
- Methamphetamines up to 72 hours
- LSD as little as six hours
So as you can see from the list of common saliva drug test detection times, you haven’t got to worry about it for more than a couple of days after you’ve taken something in most cases. So if you take something on a Friday night, when you go back into work on Monday, you should mostly be clear.
But one thing to be aware of is that the above times are average detection times. If you are a chronic user or smoker, these times can be extended, because there are literally so many metabolites in your body.
The worst scenario is if you are a daily weed smoker because you will always have metabolites in your saliva and you are never going to be clean of them. Unless you stop smoking for several days, you are always going to be at risk from a saliva drug test.
Tips For Avoiding An Oral Drug Test
So let’s say that you’re sitting there about to have a mouth swab saliva drug test administered. There are a couple of strategies you can employ to minimize the chances of them taking a good sample:
- Pretend you have a strong gag reflex. As soon as the swab is put into your mouth start to retch and pull away from a little. All but the most determined test administrator will then back off a little, meaning that they are less likely to take a good sample right at the base of the gums or under the tongue.
- You can also disrupt an oral drug test by coughing a lot or saying you have a sore jaw and can’t open your mouth fully. Anything to make it more difficult for them to administer the test accurately.
- Although it’s not common, in many locations (although not for law enforcement), you may be handed the swab and asked to take the sample yourself. If you get this situation, now you are educated on where the drug metabolites gather, simply swab from higher up in the mouth, high up on the cheek, or the roof of your mouth, where drug metabolites are far less likely to congregate. Keep this far away from the gum line as possible.
How To Pass A Mouth Swab Drug Test Naturally
So now you are aware of saliva drug test detection times, and how you can potentially manipulate the test yourself, let’s look at how you can avoid all those problems and concerns by learning how to pass a mouth swab drug test naturally.
Because of the short detection times, time is obviously the best way to do this. However, there are a few things that you can do to get rid of drug metabolites more quickly than you can naturally:
- Eat fatty foods in the days leading up to your test, which is obviously only possible if you get notice you are going to have a test, or you think you could face one. Fatty foods can help to draw out THC toxins from the body more quickly. Obviously, if you don’t only have weed metabolites in your body then this won’t matter.
- Always drink plenty of water. The more hydrated you are the more you will urinate, which expels toxins and get your kidneys working more quickly. This will also turn over the saliva in your mouth more frequently.
- Brush your teeth and gums as frequently as possible in the lead up to your test. If there are a couple of days’ notice, you can brush them five or six times per day, which is a great way to make sure the drug metabolites don’t stay in your mouth.
- Peroxide mouthwash, chewing gum, Altoids mints, and even chewing ice are all rumored to be helpful. However, they aren’t a replacement for a good overall strategy. If you do all of the things I’ve just mentioned, then you stand a better chance of passing an oral swab drug test though.
Products To Help You Always Pass A Saliva Drug Test
So hopefully you’re a bit more educated on how to pass an oral drug test. However, in many circumstances learning how to pass a mouth swab drug test is going to be about far more than a few tips and tricks. You’re going to need some professional products to help you.
Professional products will especially help if you face on the spot drug testing because they can help to eradicate the toxins in moments. But they aren’t cheap, and you have to know how to use them discreetly.
There are basically two groups of products you can use: gum and mouthwashes. They are both specialist products that are specially formulated to remove drug toxins.
On the downside, these products don’t work for long. They will get rid of the toxins in your mouth for a short space of time. As fresh saliva is produced, it will have fresh drug toxins in it.
So these professional products clear out the saliva and minimize the chances of fresh toxins appearing in it for up to 30 minutes in most cases. But when you only need about three minutes clean for the test, then that could be an absolutely massive window of opportunity.
When it comes to learning how to pass a saliva drug test, the two main product recommendations are:
Oral Clear Saliva neutralizing gum
This is the absolute number one best way to pass an oral drug test guaranteed. The reason for that is it’s a powerful neutralizing capsule that can totally eradicate drug toxins in your saliva for up to 30 minutes.
Even better, it’s completely discreet. In fact, it’s not actually gum, it’s a capsule of liquid.
All you have to do is pop the capsule in your mouth, and chew it. Don’t swallow the contents, swill them around in your mouth for about 30 seconds, and then swallow everything. So there is no trace after you use Oral Clear gum to pass a drug test either.
It’s so discreet that you can carry a capsule on you all the times. This means you can never be caught out, and you will always be able to pass an on the spot mouth swab drug test.
Let’s give you a couple of examples:
- You’re stopped at the roadside by the police. As soon as you stop the car, simply put Oral Clear in your mouth, chew it and swallow it for 30 seconds. Even if the cops see you chewing and swallowing, they literally can not prove that you have taken anything to alter the test.
- Let’s say it’s an on the spot workplace test. You’re going to see them coming, or you are going to hear that they are doing testing on the spot. Even if they are literally standing in front of you, you can have the capsule in the palm of your hand, cough, and put it into your mouth. Then discreetly pop it, and swill it around and chew.
If they ask you what you’re doing, just say you’ve got a piece of gum in your mouth and you’re going to swallow it for the test. If they say don’t bother, just swallow and say too late. There is literally nothing they can do to prove you’ve taken anything to neutralize your saliva.
So for me, if you want to know how to pass an oral drug test, then Oral Clear neutralizing gum is definitely the way to go. It’s easy to use, highly effective, and discreet. You can carry it at all times, and neutralize your saliva in 30 seconds.
The downside is the price. A single capsule of Oral Clear will cost you $90. I’d always advise you buy it from the official website testnegative.com, as fakes are sometimes sold on general marketplaces.
Saliva neutralizing mouthwash products
There are several of these products available, but only a few really work as well as Oral Clear for neutralizing your saliva for up to 30 minutes.
Saliva neutralizing mouthwash works in exactly the same way as Oral Clear. It’s a liquid that you swill around in your mouth and it neutralizes your saliva.
However, the difference is that you don’t swallow it. In a real emergency you could, but I wouldn’t really advise it’s unless it’s a genuine emergency. You swill the contents around in your mouth, and then you spit it out.
They are just as effective as Oral Clear, and they are far less expensive. The most effective products are Toxin Rid Rescue Wash and Ultra Klean Saliva Detox. Both will cost you around $30, so far cheaper than Oral Clear.
But there’s a downside to the price saving. You have to put a bottle to your mouth. It’s only a tiny bottle, but you still have to put it to your mouth to consume it and then swill the liquid around. You’ve then got to spit the liquid out (unless you swallow it without gagging), and you’ve still got a bottle to discreetly hide again.
This increased complexity adds more steps to the process and gives you far more chance of being observed. If you know you’ll always have noticed, then fine keep a bottle on you and save yourself some money.
But if you’ve got $90, Oral Clear saliva neutralizing gum is 100% the best way to pass a saliva drug test. Especially if you’re in a country with roadside drug testing, then I’d say Oral Clear saliva detox gum is absolutely essential.